We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unawatuna transfers and trips

Which Unawatuna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Unawatuna transfers and trips

Hello,

I think we've decided on Unawatuna and the unawatuna beach resort or flower garden. We want an excellent trusty transfer fromt he airport - any suggestions?

Alos, We want to have a trip out to the elephant orphanage (possibly overnight and yala - can anyone suggest where to start looking to plan?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,726 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unawatuna transfers and trips

Hi there,

The airport taxi desk has fixed (relatively low) prices but no guarantee for an AC car. Alternatives are private drivers, many DE's can send you some recommendations.

For excursions, consider the FAQ advise at

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c89412/Sri-La…

Both Pinawela and Yala would require overnight trips.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

kiddy
Level Contributor
402 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unawatuna transfers and trips

Hi,we are going to stay at the Flower Garden Hotel again in February.Only 5 weeks now! We are having a transfer with Sassi ,from the Flower Garden.I am sure if you contact him he will arrange this for you.He uses his own vehicle and his driver is very reliable.If it is of any help I think we are to pay $65 each way.More expensive than the train and the ordinary taxis but very reliable and that is a good thing nowadays.

We went to the elephant orphanage and Yala so we have first hand experience.This was arranged by Sassi for us. Again using his own vehicle and his own driver.Using his own driver gave us the advantage of going to places off the beaten track as well.For insance we were on the road one day and the driver drew up by a bridge .Why we didn`t know until he took us down the the river bank under neath and showed us some enormous lizards.They were atleast three foot long.!!!!!!!!!! We had a wonderful time with his driver and look forward to seeing him again.

I would suggest that you do your homework about places you want to go to and when you get to "heaven" ask Sassi .He is excellent.

Have a lovely time

3. Re: Unawatuna transfers and trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Unawatuna