We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug spray?

BC
Level Contributor
143 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Bug spray?

Hi,

We have booked our trip and leave on April 11th. Just wondering how bad the bugs are, should we load up on bug spray?

Thanks,

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug spray?

You don't have to "Load Up" just bring some.

Usually , dusk and dawn that you will need to apply. I hardly ever put it on, but others are effected more.

BC
Level Contributor
143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bug spray?

Thanks deebob, they love me, and if anyone is going to get bit it will be me :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug spray?

Just be walking to dinner ahead of the Bug Spraying truck in the evening. As it passes you.... and sprays.... trust me you will not need your own bug spray!!!!!! You will be adequately covered head to toe!! Maybe a gas mask?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug spray?

Kind of takes your breath away….does it not….and not in a good way…lol.

cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug spray?

I didn't even notice any bugs when we went in April 2012. However, I did grow up in Saskatchewan so am used to the constant buzz of mosquitos all summer long. ;-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug spray?

Oh yes rrrichar...that it does lol!! Managed to get sprayed only one evening... stayed out of the way of the spray truck after that episode... cheers !!

BC
Level Contributor
143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bug spray?

Thanks for the "heads" up about the spray truck, sounds similar to the one at the Melia Buenevista....we were there in September and found out quickly that we should avoid our outdoor shower and any outdoor activity around 6 p.m. as the truck would be out at time......we saw many people scrambling for cover who were caught unaware....and yes, it does take your breath away rrrichar.....LOL....5 more sleeps & counting :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bug spray?

Yes it does sort of creep up on you all of a sudden BcSunluver... while walking along the pathways, and not much time to get out of the way lol However, must say whatever they spray does keep the bug population down. Did not have any problems at all with any sort of bugs. Last resort we visited was Paradisus Princess del Mar in Varadero. I was eaten alive at that resort... and don't usually have a problem. Think the sand fleas were out in full force during those two weeks we spent there! So at Iberostar, was really nice not to have nasty bites to deal with. Enjoy your vacation and have a mojito for all of us !!!

BC
Level Contributor
143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bug spray?

Great to hear that there aren't many bugs there OntarioVino :) I will certainly have a mojito or two, or three for all of you!

10. Re: Bug spray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Ensenachos