We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach - music

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
beach - music

-can anyone comment on whether these days they are usually playing music on either one, or both, of the beaches there?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
276 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: beach - music

Maybe Megano for adults, Ensenachos for families, and the little nautical beach for boom boxes, hobiecats, pedal boats, kayaks, etc. lol.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: beach - music

How about just spreading further down Megano with more palapas and chairs and maybe another entrance to the beach from the Spa sector. Loads of room to the right hand side and I'm sure most wouldn't want to walk that far away from the beach restaurant. Having part of Ensenachos for families would make sense as the Park suite are closer to it and Megano closer to Spa area. I was told before that NO beach area would ever be restricted in Cuba. This was from previous manager.

Edited: 5:52 pm, March 12, 2013
Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: beach - music

I got word from the IE about the music now being played at both beachs...it is Iberostar's concept for creating more entertainment and music on both beaches. Management at the IE know there are a lot of guests that don't like the music and would prefer to have at least one music-free beach. They (IE resort management) will discuss with the Iberostar management to see about the possibility of changing that. So it seems that this is coming down from headquarters and the management at the resort have to obey.

GTA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: beach - music

I am wondering if you walk into the water edge can you still hear it or is it bad from all areas of the beach.

I was all ready to book IE but now this is giving me second thoughts. I wonder why they feel they need to play loud music, and North American music too. They should at least survey the visitors first. I bet they will be very surprised to hear the results.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: beach - music

sophski...depends on your travel dates. You would certainly be able to hear it at the waters edge as the beach is not that wide. If you go to the furthest end you will not hear it. If the hotel is not super busy the music may not be an issue. Certainly I couldn't hear it on Ensenachos but it was being played at the beginning end not the Villa end. Again if you go to Ensenachos and go to the last palapa you might not hear it as loud. Don't let the music thing deter you from trying this resort. I do not like to hear the music loud and I was fine the other year until the techno garbage was being played and that was because of the Russian load of drunks were so insistant on "their" music cd's being played. One word to management fixed that problem for a bit. That was last April and I can't tell you what is happening on Megano now other than crowded...again heading into slower season so depends on when you go what you will find. The resort is still amazing and I will be heading back again for trip #6 next April if I'm not pushing up daisy's by then. LOL Go and enjoy the wonderful staff and surroundings, you will be glad you did..

36. Re: beach - music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 23, 2014