We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malgrat or Calella

Which Malgrat de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malgrat or Calella

Hi - we are in the process of booking for the Costa Brava for the end of this month, however, not sure whether to book Malgrat or Calella. We have a 5 year old with us so would like plenty to do and wondering if Calella would have more with being a bit bigger, however the Oktoberfest is putting me off slightly incase it gets a bit rowdy. I have been reading that the current in the sea is very strong in Malgrat which is a bit of a concern as my daughter loves being in the sea with me. Hotel choices are Maripins in Malgrat and the Mar Blau in Calella. Are planning trips to Marineland and Barcelona so need access to trains or buses. Thanks for any advice.

UK
Level Contributor
198 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malgrat or Calella

A few years ago we went to Calella, it is a Spanish working town

the railway station takes you along the coast so it is easy to visit

other resorts. I think that Malgrat may be better for children perhaps

if you use google earth you may be able to judge better.

John

2. Re: Malgrat or Calella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Malgrat de Mar