We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euro england games

yeovil
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
euro england games

Anyone know where the best place to watch the forthcoming england games on tv in mahon or es castell.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: euro england games

Afraid you are firmly in Barcelona territory- Spanish bars like footballers who can play(not collect wages) ,so you'll not find it on in them ;-)

2. Re: euro england games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, June 02, 2012
yeovil
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euro england games

message deleted ????

Have you read the reply i had??

I want a reply that will help me , not sarcasm and childish wit.

Last time i log onto and help your site pal unless you delete the reply from the freak.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: euro england games

You would be best off travelling to one the main tourist resorts where there will be more tourists than locals. As MIB says, in areas with more spaniards than tourists like Mahon the locals will be far more interested in watching spanish matches than foriegn ones..

If you say where you are staying someone may be able to suggest somewhere to travel to that is likely to have a tourist bar showing Sky Sports coverage of any England matches but if you are absolutely determined not to miss them while you are away perhaps you need to get someone at home to record them for you.

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euro england games

Mib not all in Mao are barca fans some are vanlencia fans, ha ha mate, and you know there will be england games on in mao bars, spain are in a different group an on different nights.

6. Re: euro england games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 03, 2012
Paignton
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: euro england games

As stated the games are spaced out so that there is only one match at a time so most bars will be showing all of the games, some may have spanish commentary but the names will be the same!

yeovil
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: euro england games

thanks mancsteve and indysassy, good info.

I was in es castell last year and visited many bars,most had medium to large tvs and i know i am going to see englands games but what i was really after was a popular bar where ex pats etc congregate , for the atmosphere like.

There are many english ppl living in es castell so there must be a popular bar somewhere .

Not sure what the spanish are like concerning england, after a run in with a few Barca fans at the emirates last year not a lot me thinks :S

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: euro england games

Hi balearics2010, I stay in Es castell every year and normally watch the games in Cafeteria Sol Del Este (Pg. Marítim, 19, Es Castell). Can vary to how many people are in for each game, but always a good atmosphere and the owner is a great bloke.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: euro england games

re post 8, I think that the spaniards are a pretty laid back lot TBH and in view of their apparent obession with footie I suspect that as long as they and the UK aren't in opposition in a game they will just appreciate the match for what it is. We were on the island in 1982 when the Falklands Conflict was on and I was concerned that the locals might not be as friendly in view of the obvious spanish connection with Argentina but everybody carried on as if it wasn't happening - they didn't bring it up and neither did we!

Edited: 4:41 am, June 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mahon