We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our holiday.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Our holiday.

The last time I visited Ibiza was at least 20 years ago so looking forward to a lovely holiday in Santa Eulalia at the Fiesta Don Carlos. Does anyone have some tips or advice on where to go and what to see as we won't want to lie by the pool for 2 weeks....

We are young 50 year olds with lots of energy...( well I have ). but not clubbing....been there done that.....was fab....London night clubs were awesome ....we just want a chillin holiday with some days out....the hippy market looks fun...

Thanks Genie

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our holiday.

Thanks guys for replies.........must of asked a boring question same as my other ones.....sorry

uk
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our holiday.

When we stayed at Cala Llonga, next resort we took a day boat trip from the beach to Formentera. I'm sure the boat came from Santa Eulalia. The beaches and sea over there is awesome. Check out the Formentera forum for more info.

Wetherby, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our holiday.

The Ibitren, a little red and black land train is a must. It departs from the bottom end of the Hippy Market just Down from the main square. We did the 2hour trip into the countryside a pit stop for a drink and on up to the church and museum. The driver is hilarious , do not confuse this with the Thomas Train.

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our holiday.

We were in Sta Eulalia last year and walked the town trail. It was informative, interesting and took us places that perhaps we wouldn't have seen. I think it started at the bottom on the square near the beach.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our holiday.

I would visit Ibiza town and especially the old town.

The sunset in Santa eulalia would be a must for me as would be seeing the sun rise over Talamanca bay from Ibiza Town.

I would hire a car for a period as most of the areas like San Miguel caves and cala D'Hort are difficult by local transport.

I agree about a day trip to Formentera a must.

The water park at Playa den Bossa may just be in your age range, I drag my grandchildren along.

cala bassa beach, cala Grasio, ses selines and the salt flats,

In Santa Eulalia the walk up to the church is a well spent half day.

Walking over the suspension bridge to the marina area and then along the coast to es cana calling at the beach watering holes.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our holiday.

Many thanks. Any boat trips are probably out as as soon as there is even a gentle swell I'm really ill....I've suffered with middle ear infections and have no sea legs at all.......a real shame but sea sickness is a misery for those of us that suffer.

My thanks Genie

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our holiday.

Should have put sunset in San Antonio, sorry. and walking up to the catherdral in Ibiza Town for the wonderful views.

8. Re: Our holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio
More Santa Eulalia del Rio Topics