We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

Hi there

We're off to Santa Eulalia for 1st time this year and are looking to hire a car for a few days whilst we're out there.

I just wondered if people found it cheaper to pre-book before they went or book when they were out there.

Thanks in advance

D

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

We always book while we are there, especially as we don't go in peak season. We have found a good car hire firm in Santa Eulalia that we have used for the last three years. The cost has actually gone down each year and is really good value. Where are you staying?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

Hi there Librarianne- we're staying at the Casa Luis

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

That's the opposite end of town to us, and the car hire place we use is near where we stay. Anyway, there are other places to check out, so maybe others have got some good recommendations. Just make sure whoever you hire from has the policy of giving you the car with a full tank of petrol which you then replace when you hand it back in.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

Car hire bought in Ibiza is usually twice the price as on line. I always use DoYouSpain they allow you to choice your fuel policy (full out full back or full out empty back)which is very important, in addition as a broker you can reject the hirer they put forward and finally you only pay when you collect the car, no deposit.

I have seen people asking for 30 to 40 euro's a day in the resort where on line you pay 12 euros a day (summer prices)

Unfortunately a new car hire tax comes into play on the 1st April which is going to add up to 7.50 euros a day to hire and in addition will be paid on collection.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

As we don't want a car from the airport, we like to decide during the holiday itself when we want to hire for a couple of days. We heven't ever paid 30 euros per day in June. If we went in peak season, we'd probably check out online prices, but we are very happy with the service we get in resort.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

When you leave the Casa Luis and come to the main road look left. About 250 meters up the road towards Es Cana is a BC/Betacar / Europcar depot but like Ian I usually get online quotes including DYS so have never used them.

This little map shows the apartments, and the depot just past the supermarket

http://goo.gl/maps/SF07Q

Phil

Edited: 2:51 pm, February 26, 2013
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

You can go on line and collect in the resort, we have collected in Playa Den Bossa a number of times as I will not collect hire cars at night.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

Cheers Phil and everyone else

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

Cheers for all the advice everyone. I did find some good deals through do you spain and carhire 3000 but then they seem to sell out unfortunately but a bit more digging and I got an even better deal through Autos Mari in Santa Eulalia which I booked via ibiza spotlight

Edited: 5:56 am, March 14, 2013
10. Re: Car Hire- cheaper to book before you go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio
More Santa Eulalia del Rio Topics