We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

edinburgh
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

Hi - we are planning our holiday for next July ( 2 adults, 2 children age 10 and 6).

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel - ideally aparthotel that also has B&B option.

Main criteria is - close to restaurants /beach

Swimming pool

air con & wifi

Happy to consider all options budget wise to get the right place. Many thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
1. Re: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

I made a similar post a few months back. Based on my own research and prompted by some of the recommendations received, I opted for Apartamentos ROS ..... also in July.

Your list of ‘must haves’ is almost identical to mine. I don’t think the pool area is especially big but you usually have to compromise somewhere along the way.

Ticked every other box for me.

Happy hunting

southport
Level Contributor
957 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

As above, i asked a few months back and have booked Aparthotel Orquidea for September of next year with Jet2.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

The Orquidea and Ros are the two obvious choices for your brief. The Orquidea has more organised entertainment if that is your thing. The Tropic Gardens Aparthotel is also very popular but is not as near the beach.

London
Level Contributor
622 posts
126 reviews
4. Re: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

Of the two I would always recommend the Ros apartments over the Orquidea.

Much nicer and less crowded pool area (Orquidea is honestly elbow to elbow in high season with hardly any shade) The family apartments at the Ros tend to have a nice large balcony, big enough for you to all to sit out on etc.

It's family run with a pool bar open from about 8am for breakfast (decent - we've eaten there) and it stays open right up until midnight, handy for a burger etc.

We've always said that if we didn't have access to the apartment we would stay at the Ros apartments. There's no entertainment as such but you are in a great location for the beach, bars and restaurants, plus the entertainment we've seen when walking past the Orquidea looked quite poor and wouldn't be a selling point for us.

southport
Level Contributor
957 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

Whilst looking up The Ros, i did find this on a review ". However the apartments are not going to be bookeable via travel agents after 2017 which from their side I understand. However it could work out more expensive to book flights in isolation and accommodation separate" so i dont know if that is the route you wish to go down, we did not hence our choice.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
6. Re: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations

I booked Ros through Booking.com and flights with Thomas Cook.

Almost certainly more expensive than a package deal however, it suited my circumstances to do it that way.

Only other thing I would throw into the pot .... I’ve been to Puerto Pollensa ( described by some as the Mallorcan equivalent of SE ) for 5 of the last 6 years and I thought accommodation there could be quite expensive. From the searches I did, I found that Santa Eulalia in general, appears to be slightly more expensive again.

Reply to: Family hotel/ aparthotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio
More Santa Eulalia del Rio Topics