We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i holiday there?

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Should i holiday there?

Hi, i was wondering is anyone had visited Gaucin, Andalucia? Im thinking of holidaying there with my partner in June 2012. Ive seen a few nice villas/apartments online for rent. We're in out thirties and want to holiday in a traditional spanish town but with a good array of restaurant/tapas bars? Is Gaucin for us? Thanks, Jenna.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should i holiday there?

It's a lovely place, with all the beautiful villages and towns of the Serrania de Ronda in the surrounding area. Very good restaurants too. Don't expect it to be totally Español though - it's a popular place for Northern European expats.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should i holiday there?

Hi - thanks for you message, it was really helpful. We went to a village called called Riogordo last summer and whilst is was a lovely village there weren't quite enough restaurants for us to chose from each evening so i was after something a bit inbetween but not your typical brits abroad kind of place so im hoping Gaucin is it?!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Should i holiday there?

I would recommend that you hire a car then it will be very easy to visit the pueblos blancos a little further inland. My particular favourite is Olvera, take a look at www.visitolvera.com I spend four weeks a year here.

Saludos. Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,674 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should i holiday there?

jenna:

The population of Gaucin is only 2000, so it is a small town. If you are concerned about the number of restaurants there, you should go to a larger town like Ronda.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should i holiday there?

Gaucín is well-known for having a good selection of restuarant options, and there are plenty more in the surrounding towns and villages. Don't worry, it isn't totally 'Brits abroad'!

Ronda would be a completely different experience as it's Tourism-Central, and that's before you allow for the thousands of day-trippers that descend on it every day.

Although this thread started off being about Benaoján there's lots of discussion about Gaucin and the surrounding area in it too:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…4256805

Edited: 6:17 am, January 02, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should i holiday there?

There's also an interesting debate about Gaucin in this thread (it started off as a question about the public pool but these things happen LOL):

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g642206-i13800-k…

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should i holiday there?

I'm wondering should we holiday nr Gaucin this April 2013 - weatherwise, what can we expect?

8. Re: Should i holiday there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, April 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gaucin
Recent Conversations