We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ronda to Gaucin

Minneapolis...
6 posts
Save Topic
Ronda to Gaucin

Hello all! I am traveling from the Malaga airport to Gaucin on a Saturday during the month of February. I have been advised to take Los Amarillos busline from Malaga to Ronda on Saturday afternoon at 1300...I know it takes about an hour and a half or so to get to Ronda...I am looking for the best advice to get from Ronda to Gaucin for the on that same day (Saturday) for the cheapest amount....if anyone has any advice, that would be wonderful!

spain
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

Hello, This way will take you forever. I live in Gaucin. There are only two buses a day from Ronda to Gaucin so if your connections don´t tally you could be overnight in Ronda. People usually get a taxi (about 100euros) or they get the bus from Malaga all along the coast to Sabanillas and then taxi up the mountain (about 25 euros) There is no public transport up the mountain. We have a friend who does airport runs or runs to the coast for a cheaper price than the normal taxis so I can contact him. We have helped others on tripadvisor before regarding public transport. Hope this helps

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

But please note that unofficial airport transfers (i.e. not booked through a registered transport company or taxi service) are illegal and you would not be insured.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

dollyspain - you say that there are two buses a day to Ronda from Gaucin but the tourist office in Ronda say that there is one service run by COMES and only during weekdays.

They publish a bus guide on their web site - turismoderonda.es/informacion/pdf/horarioaut…

Also could you check for my own interest whether the bus from Malaga to Sabinillas does start in Malaga or whether you change and how long that takes ? I have always thought that getting to Ronda using the Los Amarillos service is a good way because it takes under 2 hours from Malaga and at Ronda you could also take a taxi for ?? maybe €30 ?? to Gaucin.

It would be good to know because this question comes up from time to time.

Minneapolis...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

Great Response Cadiz Lover...I am however now a bit confused...I am still under the impression that taking Los Amarillos bus line from Malaga to Ronda would be the fast and cheapest way....then take the renfe perhaps? from Ronda to Gaucin...I am still uncertain what the best and cheapest way would be to get from Ronda to Gaucin on a Saturday....or if worse comes to worse about how much a taxi would cost? Any suggestions would be great.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

The RENFE train from Ronda to Gaucin actually stops at a small village in the valley called El Colmenar which is about 14 kms away from Gaucin.

Of course you could go to El Colmenar and arrange some taxi from there to Gaucin and I am sure that dollyspain could advise.

spain
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

Hello Cadiz lover, Personally I´m with you on the train idea, it´s cheap and a very pretty journey. The accommodation agent could organise someone to pick the guest up. Or I can send a private message with the phone number of the one taxi we have here. Gaucin is not the easiest place to get to but it´s certainly worth it when you get here.

Cork
Level Contributor
629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

How long does this take by car?? Malaga To Gaucin,and is it a safe journey for a first time drive in Spain?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

Get DRIVING DIRECTIONS and times etc using Google Maps. Not difficult as long as you take your time.

Malaga, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

Hi, i will be needing a taxi next week from gaucin to el-colmenar, iam going to do the ronda to malaga route as suggested here to catch my flight. i would love to have the number of your taxi-friend. thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ronda to Gaucin

According to a number of web sites the phone number for a Gaucin taxi is (land line ) 952-151-130 or Mobile 600-294-138. I got this from the Hotel Fructuosa web site which by the way is a nice place to stay if in Gaucin,

http://www.lafructuosa.com/lleg_en.html

Get answers to your questions about Gaucin
Recent Conversations