We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

Tucson, Arizona
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

Hi all you helpful and clever people. My husband and I will be arriving in Gaucin in the middle of Oct. We will be coming from Ronda and wonder what options there are for public transport from Ronda to Gaucin. I checked the Comes bus schdule and saw only 1 bus per day at 13:45. I think that may only be during the week. When I tried checking on Sunday the 17th the site couldn't give me information that far in advance. So, does anyone know if there are buses between Ronda and Gaucin on Sundays in October? We don't want to rent a car if we can take public transportation. The train schedule seemed complicated so I could use some advice there too. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

The COMES bus times from Ronda to Algeciras calling at Gaucin are indeed limited to one a day and Monday to Fridays.

See :

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_30.htm

The train line that goes from Ronda to Algeciras calls at "Gaucin" but as you have probably discovered, the station is actually on the other side of the hills at El Colmenar which is about 14 kms away. I suppose that if I was doing this trip on a Sunday I may take the train to Gaucin / El Colmenar and then get some local help to summon a taxi. The fare should be approx €15 but hopefully somebody who has done this trip could make some better suggestion.

BTW the train journey on a Sunday in October leaves Ronda at 10am or 16.41 or 19.59 and takes about one hour at a cost of €4.10 single. Times on www.renfe.com

If the place you are heading for could organise a driver to meet a particular train at El Colmenar then this would be ideal. Or look at http://www.gaucin.com/indexeng.html for some ideas / contacts ?

Tucson, Arizona
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

Cadiz lover, thank you for your reply about transportation between Ronda and Gaucin. The suggestion of taking the train and then taxi from El Colmenar sounds like the best option. Also, thanks for the helpful websites. macon23

spain
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

Hello , I live in Gaucin, if you need someone to pick you up there is a friend of mine who does airport and train station pick ups I can let you have his details so you won´t have to wait around, there are no taxis here we all depend on several people to do airport and costa runs etc. I am happy to help.

Tucson, Arizona
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

Hello DollySpain,

Thanks for the offer for contact info for your friend who may be able to pick us up at the Colmenar station. That is VERY useful info since I hadn't realized there are no taxis available. I have seen some of your postings and hoped that you would reply knowing that since you live in Gaucin you would know how it all works there. Thanks again and I will wait for your reply. Macon23

Rollinsford NH USA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

Dear Dolly Spain,

I tried to contact you earlier but don't know if my message got through as in the midst of it all I found that I had to sign up (not very smart computer-wise). At any rate, my friend and I were planning an overnight visit to Gaucin on Saturday 19th March hoping to come from Ronda by bus and returning to Ronda on Sunday by taxi to catch a bus or train to Seville. I now wonder if this is possible and would be grateful for any advice. We spent 5 weeks in Gaucin last year and loved it. Pat

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

pordway

I just noticed this. Wanted to mention that you can certainly go to Ronda in order to get to Seville.

However another way is to catch a train from the Gaucin station which is some way away but at least nearer ! and then proceed down to Algeciras station.

The current Sunday times (next year timetable not available until nearer your travel) but if I was doing this journey tomorrow Sunday 31st I would get down to Gaucin / Colmenar station in time to get on the 10.58 train from Ronda that continues down through JIMENA DE LA FRONTERA , SAN ROQUE-LA LINEA before reaching ALGECIRAS at 11.55.

I would then walk over from the train station across the road to San Bernardo bus station and take the LINESUR bus

linesur.com/linesur/invierno/Algeciras.htm

at 1pm to Seville via Jerez. This gets to Seville about 3.45 pm.

I have used the LINESUR bus a few times and it always has worked out.

Have mentioned this because maybe you would like to have an alternative and the train is quite relaxing. The cost of the train to Algeciras is about €4 and I think the bus costs about €20.

7. Re: Buses from Ronda to Gaucin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, April 29, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Gaucin
Recent Conversations