We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

If you are staying at this hotel check you are not double booked my son and partner told 3 days before holiday no room for them they booked last march with travel republic told they could cancel hotel or stay at pestana delfim all inclusive they had no choice but to stay at other hotel or loose holiday first hotel right on the beach pestana delfim you have a steep hill to the beach as his partner is pregnant she is finding it a struggle with the walk in the heat when speaking to other people in hotel they are saying they were booked in pestana dom and doubled booked so dont no if they are just saying they have rooms then filling up the all inclusive hotel because who wants all inclusive when in alvor with all those lovely resturants.so not fair they take your money but you don't get what you payed for .

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

This is a really good point we are due to stay at this hotel from the 21st of July and can't get an answer off anyone if all is ok booked with jet2 holidays.

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

We were in Alvor last week, speaking to at least two couples separately who'd fallen foul of this. They'd been moved to the Pastana Alvor Praia instead, and at least one of them onyl found out when they arrived!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
267 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

If you are regular readers to alvor forum you will see this problem occurs on a regular basis at this hotel.It is a shame as it is a nice hotel situated close to beach which is a bonus.I dont think it is alright for them to assume that everyone will be happy to relocate to any hotel [and some not even in alvor].IN this day and age money is tight and to have a bad start to a holiday like this is not on.Hope all works out for you and everyone else who finds themselves in this situation.

Tarporley, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

Hi we stayed there last Sept and it seemed it was the other way around,the Delfim was overbooked and they were sending everybody to the Dom Joao,seems to happen quite a lot cannot be good for buisness in the long run.Hope you get sorted Andy

Kerry
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

Colleague in work got an email only a week before departing from Travel Republic to say double booked and wanted to move them to Vilamoura instead, she is still forward and back with emails, fighting for what she paid for. Just be aware!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

we were due to stay at the dom joao back in june,we reaceived an email 3 days before and were offered the pestana praia 5* either that or a full refund.

we were quite happy with the hotel but our friends were at the dom which made things a little awkward.

we have stayed at the dom joao before and have never had any problems.

Edited: 2:24 pm, July 14, 2013
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

At least you got a warning. I turned up last Sunday to be told that I was being moved to the Delfim. I had booked the hotel in last September. After 4 nights at the Delfim, I demanded to be moved back to Dom Joao which they duly did. Shocking

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

Who dd you book with mintymonster76?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

I don't think it makes a difference who you book with I think it is the pestana group they take bookings knowing they can but you in other hotels once they have bookings for one hotel it doesn't cost them more to put you some where else spoke to some one and they said two years ago a wedding party got double booked i think this is shocking

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pestana dom Joao 11 check you have a room double booking

The reason I was asking is because we go to this hotel on Sunday with jet 2 I have emailed hotel and they have said all is fine.