We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying property in Alvor

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buying property in Alvor

We regularly holiday in Alvor and are now thinking about buying an apartment or townhouse close to the town. I assume that several of the regular posters on here have already taken the plunge and bought somewhere. Are there any property agents and lawyers you could recommend using?

We are heading over in August for two weeks and will be viewing some likely properties.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying property in Alvor

This is more a question for one of the expat forums, like http://algarve.angloinfo.com/forum/

also check out their 'information' pages.

Edited: 5:06 pm, April 15, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying property in Alvor

We bought our apartment through an estate agent on the R Marques de Pombal and we found them very good to deal with. I think it was Remax, but it may have changed name since then. There's also an estate agent on the corner opposite The Venue (just up from the golf hire shop) that have quite a number of properties and they are very helpful and easy to deal with.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying property in Alvor

I use a very professional lawyer over here for all my business needs. Very thorough and I have used several in my 7 years living here. Took me a while to find this gem. She even responds to emails :-)

Let me know nearer the time if it looks like you are going to get the ball rolling on something and ill PM you here details.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying property in Alvor

Thanks for the replies folks. I have been in touch with a couple of the estate agents and will go and see them when I am over in August. Paul,l think I know the one you mean as I normally stay in the Alto Club.

Diskwizz, I will definitely take you up on the offer, good lawyers are hard to find!

Cheers B

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying property in Alvor

One bit of advice you MUST follow. NEVER use a lawyer that is offered to you by either the estate agent or the person selling the property.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying property in Alvor

Also get a survey done, they always try and shy away from them, but you need to do one really

7. Re: Buying property in Alvor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 21, 2014