We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergen-Geiranger-Bergen in a day in August?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
99 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Bergen-Geiranger-Bergen in a day in August?

I see that Geiranger is quite far from Bergen. I am considering to take onward cruise from Hurtigruten - departing at 21.00 and reaching Geiranger at 14.30 next day.

My question is-can one start return trip on the same night by boarding ferry / Hurtigruten? Will it be meaningful? How much time would Geiranger Skywalk take? We do not have car so wondering if public buses will be available to us same day past 14.30.

Thank you all for your time...

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,427 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergen-Geiranger-Bergen in a day in August?

To board the Hurtigruten back to Bergen you would have to return to Ålesund. That would require that you stay on the boat at Geiranger. Only departing passengers are allowed off there. Alternatively in summer season there is a bus from Geiranger to Ålesund that would get you there in time for the southbound Hurtigruten - https:/…geiranger-alesund-one-way-p927593

That would give you about 4 hrs in Geiranger.

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
99 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergen-Geiranger-Bergen in a day in August?

Thank you so much dyoll!

3. Re: Bergen-Geiranger-Bergen in a day in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 16, 2018