We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Naoussa

Bucharest
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Breakfast in Naoussa

Hi,

I’ll be in Naoussa for the end of September- early October and, for the first time, I booked a hotel with no breakfast (but with a stunning view). Since this is my main meal of the day, I’m more than open to any kind of breakfast solutions: early opening taverns, small family restaurants, hotels that accept guests from outside, local market or supermarkets in the area etc. I’ll be staying on the western part of Piperi Beach, near Manis Inn.

This is my second solo traveler experience, I’m 33 and looking forward to enjoy Paros, but not on an empty stomach :). I’m not picky, I just like to eat good local, healthy food.

Thank you in advance!

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Naoussa

I think the best thing to do is to go and check localy. My experience is a few years old but there were a couple of places offering continental and sort of English breakfast (pastries,sandwiches, fried eggs,omelettes etc) one opening on the harbour infront of Insomnia next to Vitsadakis tavern and one having a small courtyard area,somehow inland of the harbour on the road along the "river" before it forks either towards lanes either ring road (where a small church stands). - I am awful on directions, I know-

Names escapes me now. End of season is somehow difficult for suggestions because locals start to have a more loosy attitude as far as concerns their timetables, especially when there are not many visitors. Those two places were usually open by 8.30ish-9ish I think on early October.

Chamilothoris famous cafe/pastry place is open quite early too, favorite place for the locals for a coffee and sweet.

Of course most hotels offer breakfast to outsiders on a fee too.

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Naoussa

If you room has a refrigerator and kettle then all you have to do is go to any local market and buy food for breakfast and even lunch, that way you can have coffee and breakfast at a lower cost and in the convenience of your room, especially if you have a room with balcony and view. That's what we do in Greece, buy local food for breakfast, take a lunch for day trips then go out to eat at night. It saves a lot of money and we can splurge a little more for dinner and still not break the bank!

Bucharest
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Naoussa

Thank you very much! I was thinking of self-cattering and your advice came perfectly!

4. Re: Breakfast in Naoussa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 29, 2015