We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in naxos

West Palm Beach...
14 posts
Save Topic
lodging in naxos

hello,

my friend and i will be traveling to naxos this spring just before tourist season starts. i have heard that people offer rooms in their homes as guest rooms for travelers. we are both in our mid 20s and are trying to stay away from the tourist aspect of greece as much as possible.

1) do people actually offer rooms in their homes for 1 or 2 nights of lodging?

2) is this recommended? why / why not?

3) is this type of lodging available on the small islands to the south of naxos?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in naxos

You have posted a question about Naxos on the Paros forum, but the same applies to both islands. People at the port do indeed offer rooms for rent, and these are usually rooms each with their own separate entrance, private WC/shower, and balcony or terrace. Owners may or may not live on the premises.

It's very easy to find rooms when you get off the ferry, especially before high season. I like to travel that way, because you get to see what the room is like before putting down your money. Most room owners are happy to rent a room for only a night or two that time of year, but you may get a better price if you ask to stay longer (fewer changes of linen, etc). You can find rooms that way in the Little Cyclades as well.

West Palm Beach...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in naxos

Thank you. Also, im looking into kayaking from the port of naxos to the islands just north of paros. Im trying to make it a two or three day kayak trip so i would have to rent the vessel for more than a day. Does this seem like a possibility? And do you know of any water sport places around porto naxos?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging in naxos

I know there is kayaking on Naxos, Paros, and Antiparos, but I've never heard of anyone doing 2-3 day trips. To my knowledge they stick fairly close to shore, primarily in the more sheltered parts of the islands. Frankly I wouldn't want to dodge the large ships that sail through the straits between Naxos and Paros.

West Palm Beach...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging in naxos

Ok. Again, thanks for your help.

5. Re: lodging in naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 08, 2014