We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros - Flights & Ferries

Which Naoussa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Paros - Flights & Ferries

Hello all,

Just a bit of advice re ferries etc - I'm staying in Paros, and getting there by ferry after flying into Mykonos with Thomson Airways. The outgoing flight is fine but I am slightly concerned by the return flight...we fly home from Mykonos on a Friday taking off at 13:55 local time. I've looked into ferries online and the earliest Ferry I can find from Paros to Mykonos on a Friday leaves Paros at 11.10am and arrives in Mykonos at 11.55am...this would obviously leave things a bit tight and give us no margin for error....does anyone know if there are any earlier ferries on a Friday during September? (and August because I plan to return next year).

Many thanks for your help!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,847 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros - Flights & Ferries

When planning for a stay somewhere where a ferry link is necessary for your return, you should always have the last night where you have your departure.

This is a precaution to avoid any kind of problems - like stormy weather, technical problems etc, and will ensure that you get your return flight home.

Edited: 4:32 pm, August 25, 2010
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros - Flights & Ferries

That's the earliest ferry, so you will have to get back to Mykonos at least a day before your flight departs.

Paros and Mykonos are on two different ferry routes, connected by small catamarans during summer. Last weekend those catamarans were cancelled for a couple of days due to high winds, so anyone trying to get between Paros and Mykonos would have been stuck.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros - Flights & Ferries

Hello,

I have used the Seajet 2 on a number of occasions both ways between Mykonos <> Paros. You can just about guarantee it being an hour late thus there is no way of catching your flight.

There are no earlier ferries any day even in August, probably never will be.

So you will have to have a night on Mykonos.

You should consider using Santorini airport instead for Paros as it's a main ferry route thus large ferries between Santorini <> Paros, however you will still be stuck with the 1 night on Santorini on the return flight. However there is just about no chance of rough weather stopping those ferries.

It's almost always small catamarans Mykonos <> Paros which are a little more prone to rough weather cancellation, mind you it is still quite rare.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paros - Flights & Ferries

Thanks all for your replies and good advice!

5. Re: Paros - Flights & Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:01 am, February 23, 2011