We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naoussa

Which Naoussa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Naoussa

If we visit Naoussa what can we expect?

A nice greek fishing village or a touristic village?

There are beaches nearby or the beaches from Antiparos are bether?

thanks

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,684 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naoussa

Hi ruxtabili,

Naoussa used to be a nice, quiet fishing village but tourism has payed its toll. Still - it is very charming with the narrow streets in town, and you will find many choices for tavernas along the fishing port.

You can have a preview here ("Lysbildevisning" means "View slideshow"):

http://tinyurl.com/24yse8

There are several nice beaches in the Naoussa area.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naoussa

A picture does say a thousand words. Thankyou !

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naoussa

Naoussa is a nice Greek fishing village that has been taken over by tourism. There are many good beaches nearby, including the picturesque Kolymbithres in Naoussa Bay, and several beaches along the east coast of the island.

I dislike making comparisons, but Naoussa is busier than Antiparos, with more upmarket hotels. Beaches in Naoussa Bay are reached by small taxi boats, which cost, as I recall, €5 for a round trip. The beaches along the east coast can be reached from Naoussa by bus or private transport.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Naoussa

Thanks for your replies.

Naoussa looks cool...However, if u had just one chance (las day) would u choose to visit Naoussa and a nearby beach or Antiparos?

Thanks

The photos are cool!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Naoussa

In another thread you said you plan to split seven days between Naxos and Paros. That would give you time to see both Naoussa and Antiparos. Are you now thinking of doing only a day trip to Paros from Naxos? If so, I can understand why you have to choose between the two.

I spend my holidays on Antiparos, and sometimes take day trips to Naoussa. Either would be a good choice. :-)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Naoussa

3 days in Paros, and 4 in Naxos :-)

During our 3 days in Paros we would like to visit Naoussa and Antiparos ;-) That's what i'v asked :-)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,840 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naoussa

ruxtabili

I arrived by ferry in Paros port in June this year around 10:15. I had to wait 20 min for the ferry to Antiparos, and 45 min for a bus to Naoussa.

I just chose Antiparos on the basis of a shorter wait, that's it, big decision....

You can make a lot of comparisons between places, OK, Naoussa is a bit more touristy than Antiparos and no longer a 'genuine' fishing port, but this is academic if you are only going to stay in one of them anyway.

Beaches are reasonable in either resort/village.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Naoussa

Retired Hippy

I guess you are right. Everything can depend on "waiting" times etc.

If we see a ferry to Antiparos earlier than the Bus to Naoussa, why not go to Antiparos? Or the oposite, if the bus to Naoussa depart earlier than the Ferry to Antiparos :-) Less waiting time (boring time,eheheh), the same adventure.

Thanks

CapeTown : South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naoussa

We were in Naoussa 2nd week this last Sept - definately one of the highlights of our 5 island trip - the town is centred around tourism - a large number of Greek Tourists in this shoulder season - still VERY busy at night but getting quieter as the low season sets in - I would imagine that the central area would be very busy and noisy in high season - but this town has a very special vibe that is not to be missed - There were hotels in the centre but if you value some peace and quiet (and good sea views) after visiting the centre by foot (5-10 min) there are many accommodations on the priphery of the town centre (5-10 min walk through very pictureque and characterfull sidestreets) We stayed on a hill to the SW of the main town just off the main rd to Parikia - quiet, parking available and very accessible to the town and beach. (Our Hotel was YADES APARTMENTS - (perhaps also check out ANGELA APARTMENTS - they also looked good) , featured on Tripadvisor

In fact we pre-booked 9 months prior on the basis of Tripadvisior reviews - without a single let-down - in every instance the accommodations exceeded our expectations.

It is good to have mobility on the islands as the beaches are spread out and sometimes not accessible by public transport- but there are a multitude of scooter/4 wheeler rental outlets on the outskirts of Naoussa - we pre-booked small cars thru Greeka.com Agency their rates (mostly new cars) were in fact lower than the rates offered by the local car hire outlets.

Take a look at CASTELLO APARTMENTS on Tripadvisor - Agia Anna NAXOS if you want a fantastic value ,relaxed holiday right on the beach!! - there are a multitude of tavernas nearby and easy public transport into NAXOS TOWN

10. Re: Naoussa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 pm, October 12, 2009