We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Which train station in olbernhau do I use to find the local bus to seiffen? How far is the bus from the train? Tanks for your help!

7 replies to this topic
Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Hi,

just look at www.bahn.com and select "Olbernhau" or "Olbernhau Busbahnhof". The central bus station ("Busbahnhof") is opposite to the train station, apprx. 90 sec walkway. Note some deviations are in place due to the Christmas market in Seiffen.

Holger

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Danke Holger. My hotel is in the center of Seiffen. Would it be better to take a taxi?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
11,055 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

There is no such thing as a taxi rank in these small towns. You'd have to find out the phone number of a local taxi firm, phone (in German) and order a taxi to the station, best in advance.

Using the bus will probably be easier...

In case you are coming from the Dresden direction, also check out the direct buses from Freiberg to Seiffen. There are not that many per day but if you are lucky the timetable matches your plans. That would save you one train change.

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Hi,

I assume your start point is not Olbernhau, but you arrive by train? You will get your full itinary incl changeovers from www.bahn.com - you can also type in the address of your hotel as destination. The bus driver will be able to help you and drop you off at the right busstop. Taxi would be about 20€ from Olbernhau.

Holger

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
11,055 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Don't set too much trust in bahn.de... I heard from a bus driver on exactly this route that the timetables on bahn.de for the buses within regional network, the VMS, are not always updated and information can be wrong. It is better to recheck on the VMS website http://www.vms.de/fahrplan/fahrplanauskunft/

Also, Olbernhau can be tricky (I am chuckling because I myself was lost there once, waiting for a bus that wouldn't show up...) Some buses stop, or are supposed to stop, in front of the train station while others depart from the bus station down the hill (plan a bit more walking time than the 90 seconds mentioned before).

You could also stay on the train until Olbernhau-Grünthal and change for the bus there. Probably less confusing.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Thanks for the input. Is there a bus stop to Seiffen near the second Olbernhau train station you mentioned?

Germany
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen

Use the link that Blandine gave you (www.vms.de ...) and plug in your departure point somewhere in Germany and destination in Seiffen, and it will show you the exact schedule plus a map which you can enlarge. The map also shows exactly where the bus stop is. (And yes, there is one next to the train station Olbernhau-Grünthal.)

Reply to: Bus connection olbernhau to seiffen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seiffen
Recent Conversations
More Seiffen Topics