We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horseback riding

US
Level Contributor
92 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
horseback riding

Would anyone tell me if there is a stable nearby Vernon that we can ride horses?

I checked the tourism ofice website and found some but they all seem to speak only French. We don't speak French, so we need to find a place that we can communicate in English.

We will be in Paris in September and we would like to ride horses for a few hours after/before we go to Monet garden.

We are not intersted in riding in circles inside fences. We would like to ride in the trails outside.

Thank you very much for your help.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horseback riding

Look at this link to the Vernon tourist office website. Down at the bottom of the page look at the section titled Another Active Weekend. In the Day 1 section you will notice they mention something about horseback riding. They don't mention a company but I'm sure you can call the Vernon tourist office and ask for info about horseback riding in the area and I'm pretty sure you'll find that they speak English at the tourist office.

www.vernon-visite.org/rgb2/suggestions.htm

However, I'm assuming this same link from the tourist office website is where you saw the info about horseback riding, and it is probably the same company mentioned in the other link:

www.vernon-visite.org/rgb2/leisures4.htm

Some of the places you found with French websites may actually have someone who can speak some English. I would still send them a message in English and then use google translate to put it in French as well. Even if the google translation is awkward they'll get the point. And even if they don't speak English they'll still be happy to take your money regardless of what language you speak so don't let a language barrier stop you. As I said, just call the Vernon tourist office and ask. I bet they can help you.

2. Re: horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, May 26, 2016