We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

capbreton for non surfers

Which Capbreton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
capbreton for non surfers

we are middle aged and have booked an apartment in capbreton for late june .1kim from main town .will we be totally out of place ?as I see now its a surfers destination .and seems geared to a younger crowd also is it very expensive and what are public transport links like to biarritz and surroubnding places ,thanks anyone

3 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: capbreton for non surfers

On the other side of the marina is Hossegor where most of the young crowd hang out. Capbreton is definitely aimed at more mature holidaymakers. The marina area is lovely with fresh fish markets and boat excursions.

Public transport bus to Biarritz is provided by http://www.rdtl.fr/ I think line number 5 is the you want. That company also provides various routes throughout the area.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,621 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: capbreton for non surfers

I wouldn't worry. While I am not particularly familiar with Capbreton itself (I stayed further south in the Pays Basque but ventured out north into the Landes) the village didn't arise out of nowhere when surfing became popular, it's been around for centuries and will have plenty to offer to people of all kinds. I enjoy many skiing resorts even though I don't ski, because they are real villages with local traditions. The tourist office will be able to tell you all there is to do in the town and the area (Bayonne, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Dune du Pilat, Landes forest and its open-air museums...) and how to get to these places.

ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: capbreton for non surfers

looking forward to seeing all those places and thank you

Reply to: capbreton for non surfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Capbreton