We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini bus service back to Bangkok

Which Ko Samet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mini bus service back to Bangkok

Hi!

I'd like to get information mini bus services from Koh Samet.

I'm planning to get there by mini bus from Victory monument, BKK. First of all, is that good choice for the price? I assume its few hundred bahts, or?

My hotel infromed me that they can arrange mini bus back to BKK, but how much I should pay for that? Or should I book it some where else? Or maybe think about bus.

Thank you in advance!

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini bus service back to Bangkok

Hi,

Price wise it is good, I don't know the exact fare but it certainly does not run in to hundreds of baht. The van will drop you off at Ban Phe which is where the ferries depart from. A recent post on the subject:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g641720-i13310-k…

Edited: 2:52 pm, April 08, 2013
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,033 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini bus service back to Bangkok

Normally I love the white vans from Victory Monument. I have used them on routes to Koh Chang, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Sri Racha, Aranyphrathet, and Ban-Phe.

However on this particular route I prefer the blue and white bus from Ekkamai which I took last December and was 177 Baht. The white van price from Bangkok 200-250 Baht and price coming back 250 Baht. The last two times I have taken the white van from Victory Monument has taken 4 hours to reach Ban phe and has been delayed dropping passengers and goods off in Rayong. I found the bus actually cheaper, quicker, more comfortable with toilet on board and you get a free cake and bottle of water for the journey.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,044 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini bus service back to Bangkok

There's no need to arrange transportation ahead of time. Just take the ferry or a speed boat to Ban Phe. On the main street you will either be approached by touts or you will see agencies selling van tickets for about 200 or 250 baht. Vans and buses depart frequently throughout the day. The buses go to Ekkamai. Many vans are actually heading for Khao San Road, but they may drop you at the head of the BTS Skytrain line at Bearing or Bang Na or Udom Suk (whichever is convenient for them). This saves you having to sit in the van in congested downtown traffic.

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini bus service back to Bangkok

Thank you so much, very helpful :)

I'm arriving to DMK airport and thought that it is easiest to get to victory monument and take van. I assume there is no vans or busses from DMK to Ban Phe?

Happen to know when ferries start operate on morning? From Nadan or straight from Ao Phai to Ban Phe?

5. Re: Mini bus service back to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 11, 2014