We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawasdee Coco

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Sawasdee Coco

Does anyone know of, or anything about, this accommodation based at Hat Sai Kaew? I can't find any reviews anywhere, partly because I think its brand new, but its listed on some of the major hotel websites (eg. Laterooms) and has its own website - http://www.sawasdee-samed.com/. Initially I thought it was part of the Sawasdee group of hotels but its not named on their website.

I've just booked a few days there for January, as it seems good value for my needs, but wondering if anyone knew of its existence?!!

Cheers

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
404 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sawasdee Coco

Yup- still no reviews.

I have anyway booked a couple nights for Jan first week too. Most other hotels were either fully booked or ridiculously expensive.

hope it works out ok.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sawasdee Coco

I've actually found a few reviews now, one on Laterooms and a few on Agoda (requiring translation!). All sounds quite promising. I've also had an email back from the hotel themselves too, so reassurance that it exists!

I'll be sure to get a review on here once I've been.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sawasdee Coco

Hi I just stayed at this resort after booking 3 nights with an agent at the pier. We checked in on 26 dec so obviously a very busy period which was reflected in our room. If you look at the pictures on their website you'll see a walkway to the beach with benches outside the rooms. This is where we stayed and the rooms are just a soulless box made worse by being on a walkway. They were cleanish but there was lots of rubbish left in the bins outside the rooms which attracted the cockroaches. The family style rooms maybe better but we didn't hang around to find out as the beach in front of the resort was packed. It maybe nicer in a quietier period and its cheaper than most other resorts on the beach so really depends what you are looking for. Amazingly we got a refund so the people running the place were decent people. It's basically a budget resort on a very tiny plot of land but located on the islands best beach. I've stayed in worse but I personally won't be going back.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
404 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sawasdee Coco

Just spent 2 nights at this hotel. Used to be a beach bunglows, recently taken over by new owners.

We stayed a family room.

Pros- Location (bang on the beach), clean rooms, ok beds, nice and polite staff.

Cons- No room service, no cleaning/ changing linen unless you request for it (to be fair, once you do they are quite prompt). Mozzies/ lizards on walls, small bathroom.

Would we stay again, well we paid 2500 Baht per night for a family room and given what else we had on offer- at least what was available online- we could have paid 4 times this amount for a slightly better accomodation.

In a word, it is value for money.

5. Re: Sawasdee Coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 pm, June 21, 2013