We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning my trip BKK- Koh Samet and more.

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Planning my trip BKK- Koh Samet and more.

We plan to spend 14 days in Thailand with 3 kids (4-10 years old)

Arriving BKK 06.00 am, around January 1st-4th

I want:

A: One week relax=Koh Samet

B: One week can be somewhere between BKK and Koh Samet or other place. More to see and do.

Questions:

1. Should week 1 be relax, then "get bored" and move to second place?

On the other hand could be convenient to go straight from BKK airport to somewhere closer on arrival when the kids are tired?

2. Suggestions for week B?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning my trip BKK- Koh Samet and more.

Hi, I'm spending 19 days in Thailand and this will be a first for me. The beach/relax/bored first sounds ideal after the hustle and bustle of everday work life. The site seeing portion and some city life (e.g Chiang Mai) will be appreciated afterwards and be a good transition back to the Western World.

I have heard fantastic things about Chiang Mai, if you're seeking another stop. Airfare was rather reasonable from BKK on Air Asia. Nok was another discount site I found through searching on Trip Advisor.

2. Re: Planning my trip BKK- Koh Samet and more.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 22, 2013