We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed boat prices from Ban Phe - shared and private

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
Speed boat prices from Ban Phe - shared and private

Sorry to ask but there are so many inconsistenies and not up to date. I was told you have to purchase a return ticket but have since read this is untrue? Surely someone must know the true cost of a speed boat (both shared and private)? And with shared speed boat, I assume that have a schedule as opposed to the private which will take you straight away. And I guess the shared boat does as many drop offs as is necessary to where people are staying? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
1. Re: Speed boat prices from Ban Phe - shared and private

Never have to buy a return ticket to any island. Ticket sellers say that cause they want your business.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
429 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Speed boat prices from Ban Phe - shared and private

Yes, thought so - thanks. But does anyone know the true prices?

1 post
3. Re: Speed boat prices from Ban Phe - shared and private

We just arrived on Ko Samet yesterday. Do not have to buy RT ticket but if you do they offer discount. We paid 3000 baht RT total for two people. I think one way was 1000 baht per person. Several different operators. Might have been a cheaper one. As it is, our resort offers complimentary speed boat, but we didn't know that. I should clarify that was the price from Ban Phe to the Ao Prao resort which is on So Prao beach. I don't know if different prices for people staying at resort versus day trippers. Hope that helps.

Edited: 3:51 am, October 23, 2017
Reply to: Speed boat prices from Ban Phe - shared and private
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted