We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria Island

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Maria Island

Hello! My family and I are visiting Anna Maria this summer and are so excited!! We are staying at Pirates Den and hoping to trolly around the Island and play on all the beaches but also we are interested in fishing with our two boys ages 4 and 7. They are SO excited and love fishing and we were thinking of chartering a little fishing trip with a fisherman and his boat. Does anyone have a suggestion? We want someone very children friendly such as tons of questions , lol, the boys just love to learn. Not too high of rates and just for about 3 hours . Thanks in advance. If you have seen or done anything totally memorable on Anna Maria, or around please comment that as well! thank you all so much.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anna Maria Island

No question, Sumotime Fishing charters! He does like a half day, 4 hours which means you stay in the bay. He is very patient and not too expensive comparatively speaking. He baits and casts the rods for you to get you in the spot with the fish. He is very good at giving advice, especially helping with telling you how to get the fish to the boat! If there is a full moon or new moon while you are there, book that day as it usually is best fishing, but book it early! We will be booking with him again when we are there in May even though we bring our own boat, just cause he is great with advice and help.

Here's a link: http://sumotimefishing.com/

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anna Maria Island

Sumo is wonderful!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anna Maria Island

I checked out the Sumotimefishing and you are right , it is the most economical that I can find so far ! thank you.

Newry, Ireland
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anna Maria Island

Does he supply life jackets for children?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anna Maria Island

By law I am sure he does :)

Newry, Ireland
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anna Maria Island

Thanks, just saw some pictures on their facebook page and the children were wearing jackets!

Anna Maria FL USA
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anna Maria Island

Under 13yrs old the life jackets are worn during the trip . In the Summer we fish mostly shallow water , less than 3ft . I am kid friendly and have a lot of patience. I only bark if it is safety issue. On our trips we catch many types of fish, maybe a shark or 2. I love what I do . Please let me know if I can help you out .

8. Re: Anna Maria Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island