We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for rental again...

Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for rental again...

Well, we didn't make it down there in April like we had hoped. We ended up taking the kids to PCB this month instead. We are planning on AMI & Siesta Key in September now. Worried about rain. We got rained out in PCB. September is the only time we can go though. Airline tickets expire Jan 1st & we are too busy any other month between now and then. Needing places that will rent daily as we would like to spend a few days in each area.

United States
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for rental again...

I'm sure you will get some suggestions for places that rent on a daily basis. Just a thought though: Since it is high season for tropical storms/hurricanes, you might want to make sure it is a rental that you can cancel, or purchase insurance. Although I don't think the insurance will refund anything unless there is an evacuation. I wouldn't be afraid to go at that time at all, weather will be good, and less people, but I would definitely have ability for a refund.

Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for rental again...

I wonder who would do refunds though...?

United States
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for rental again...

Ask about their cancellation policy. If it's a day basis rental, it will be more like a hotel than a vacation rental company. That might give you a better chance of a cancellation without having to pay. Likely the weather will be fine, but with the cost of vacation rentals, it would be nice to be able to cancel without penalty if a tropical storm showed up. I'm surprised someone has not posted some possibilities for you. We have never stayed less than a few weeks, so not familiar with day to day rentals.

Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for rental again...

I have only really looked at rentals so far. There doesn't seem to be many hotels in the area. We really want to be on the beach not across a street. Hmm...well, hopefully some people start to post. Thank you for your help.

United States
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for rental again...

Try Anna Maria Beach Cottages. If you don't get any more response, try re-posting with a different subject line.

Edited: 12:40 am, July 11, 2013
Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for rental again...

THere are several very nice places that will rent on a daily basis, especially in September since it is a slow month. Here is a list that I recommend:

Sunrise Gardens

Palm Tree Villas

Bridewalk

SIlver Surf Resort

Blue Water Resort

Queens Gate

Angelinos Sea Lodge

Tropic Isle

Tradeswinds

Tortuga Resort

Cedar Cove

These are all great places to stay

Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for rental again...

Great, thanks! I saw Angelos last night but read a review that concerned me. It looked great other than the review. It's hard when it comes to reviews what to let deter you!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for rental again...

Look at how many reviews and posts the person has. If it is one or two, and it is terribly negative, it is probably because they did not get something they wanted. (Better rate, free stuff, etc.) If the good reviews are from people like Rusty, with a lot of posts or reviews, the chances are it is a true reflection of what the property is really like.

Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for rental again...

Thanks. What is the difference between Bradenton, Holmes & Anna Maria addresses when it comes to resorts?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for rental again...

I would not let the bad review factor into my decision about Angelino's, they have 32 excellant reviews, 3 very good and only 2 terrible and if your go through them you can see that visitors really love this place. It just proves that you cant please everyone, all the time! I actually looked up the reviewer that gave the bad review and you can see that most of the reviews he has posted are negative, must be a hard individual to make happy. I can tell you from staying there many times that it is a lovely place, quite and the owners definately do not watch over you like a hawk, they are way too busy keeping the place looking as beautiful as it is. I wouldnt miss the tree house, it's awesome and my not be there forever.