We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rental on the island !!!

canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best rental on the island !!!

I want all your input into our very first trip to anna maria island.

Tell me what you think is the best rental on the island?

I am looking for at least a 2 bedroom, pool is a must, would like the beach but its not a deal breaker if the property is AMAZING. Higher end furnishing/kitchen would be nice. Great reputation with the owners or property company. Money no object. Well maybe top of the limit is $700 per night.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

I dont think there is a place on the Island for $700.00 a night actually. There are no Ritz Carltons here but you will find some really nice accomodations and the beach is breath taking.. I would look at Mainsail Inn, right on the beach and upscale. I would also recommend La Costa Condo's for great 2 bed 2 bath condo's right on the beach with tennis court. Tortuga Inn has some really nice and upscale apartments on the bay as well. We also have a B&B called the Harrington House and they have villas available, you can see them on their website. Happy hunting.

canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

thanks for the response, I meant that my top limit was $700 per night, that is not what I WANT to pay.

I am looking for a house rental versus a hotel but I will check out your recommendations.

Thanks

Carmel, IN
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

Based on your description, one of the Mainsail beachfront units is a no-brainer. That place is the best. It's pricey (but w/in your limits) but well worth it. Definitely check it out.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

Mainsail is probably in the 300-400 range. Depends on when u want to go!

There is a bigger than u want, but AMAZING, house that is not on beach, right off pine ave on a canal with dock. Very private. Not real far to beach. Near upscale shops snd restaurants on pine ave. In ur budget. it is called Seahorse Cove and rented through Coastal Cottages AMI. Google seahorse cove anna maria.

I wanted to rent, but was pushing my budget ;)

Oh, maybe next summer when im not paying for a daughter in college!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

I have admired this place but it's not in the budget for us:

islandvacationproperties.com/rental/…

canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

you guys are awesome, these suggestions are exactly what I was looking for. Keep them coming if you think of any more !!!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

Here's one more wishful thinking house for me:

http://www.annamariabeachvilla.com/

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

Been to Anna Maria a few times now. The island and just about everything on it is beautiful but it is the accommodation that always takes me back. We stay at a fantastic, high end house appropriately called Island Dream (annamaria.com/vacation-rentals/anna-maria-/i…). It has four bedrooms, all en suite and each with access to its own private balcony. The master has great views of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge from its balcony. Fabulous kitchen, stunning lounge/diner and a handy den leading right on to the pool. Its so close to the beach that if you walk very slowly, it would take you all of two minutes to get there! Convenient for an abundance of excellent restaurants and the free trolley bus which takes you all over the island. Hope you are not looking for it next May, that's when we're going back!!!!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

I like your taste JKelly, those houses are amazing. My problem is I have the taste for french champagne but my budget only allows for Budweiser and an occasional import !!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best rental on the island !!!

I am right there with you, Rusty!

I keep hoping the lottery will favor me one of these days... then I will be buying, not renting, LOL.