We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shells/Palm Trees / Photo # 64/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shells/Palm Trees / Photo # 64/

Hello all. I am new to this board but have been lurking around from time to time. I have done some research on AMI but still need some info from the experts/or locals. My kids 11,9, 7 have never seen the ocean and they are itching to walk on white,soft sand and shell hunt.My daughter in particular wants to see palm trees by the sand.

1. Where is the best place to hunt for shells ?? I read something about Eggmont Key. Any thoughts ?

2. From the left hand column under Photos & Videos ,where exactly is photo # 64 ? Any other good beach spots w/ palm trees ?

p.s This will be a 2 day side trip from Disney to relax and get away from the madness of the parks.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shells/Palm Trees / Photo # 64/

Well you'll get white sand on AMI, some shells. Can't speak about where to do shells.

Pic #64? Looks to be a pic around the Beach House restaurant in bradenton beach to me. They have the rocks on the beach like that. Never really thought about palm trees on the beach. Maybe at the public beaches Manatee or Coquina? I'm sure someone else on here knows for sure.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shells/Palm Trees / Photo # 64/

I would say the photo was taken around the Beach House or Sandbar since there is a weddding scene but it really doesnt matter because you will see this site all over the island. There is also lots of shells on the beaches but how many depends on tides and whether or not there has been a disturbance in the gulf. If you decide on AMI it really wouldnt be necessary to go anywhere else to get your shells.

There are lots of gulf front accomodations but depending on what time of year you have in mind, you should book in advance. Also, since you are going to be there for only two days that will also limit your choices. Let us know is you need help with recommendations.

3. Re: Shells/Palm Trees / Photo # 64/

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 01, 2014