We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

I am going to be spending the last two weeks of March on Anna Maria Island. and wanted to ask about fishing charters on the island. I am interested in both deep sea, and back country fishing, although I think I would preferr light tackle, flats, or back country. Also what might I expect for types of fish at that time of year?.

Anna Maria, Florida
Level Contributor
108 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

I would start with checking out the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce website to look for reputable fishing charters. (Go to their home page, then click "fun & leisure" button on the top left and under the search area of the directory enter fishing charters and hit the magnifying glass for results)

You can also check out the regular "captains" who contribute articles for what their catching and the best spots in both local papers. The www.amisun.com and www.islander.org. They usually post their contact info or company name. Some have websites and facebook pages that you can research to see who fits your profile.

Hope that gives you a head start.

Have fun!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

Contact Rick Grassett who operates out of Sarasota. I've not fished with him, but have taken lessons from him, and he is a terrific expert in fishing the flats and backcountry. He's often quoted in the press as to what is happening in the Bay waters. His website is www.snookfin-addict.com.

Anna Maria FL USA
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

www.sumotimefishing.com It is what i do .

4. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 28, 2013