We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for quite/romantic lodging option

Sandy, Utah
Level Contributor
164 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
looking for quite/romantic lodging option

(sorry if you already saw this on Siesta Key forum, it was recommended I re-post here)

We're flying into Orlando and will do a park there for a day, then want to spend a couple days on the beach.

We haven't quite found what we're looking for though. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a B&B, condo, hotel, or whatever, that would be private, great for a romantic getaway, right on the beach if possible? Also it doesn't have to be in AMI, since our starting point is Orlando.

Looking for 2-3 nights, between $100-$300 per night, over a weekend in early November.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for quite/romantic lodging option

Well if you are going in early November, you should be able to get something for only a few nights.

For upscale on the beach, check out Mainsail Beach Inn. It is beachfront.

For a B & B, check out Harrington House.

Not on the beach, try Palm Tree Villas or Sunrise Garden Resort.

All have websites you can check out.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for quite/romantic lodging option

I would also recommend Harrington House if you want to be right on the beach and you like the B&B thing, check out the Birdsong Room, that is my favorite.

I would also suggest Sunrise Gardens on the north end, it is very romantic with lush tropical landscaping and a beautiful, private pool. It is walkable to Bean Pointe which is perfect for sunsets. Also, you can walk to the 2 piers and Pine Ave., which has great little shops and places to eat. The rooms are very spacious and each have a private patio. We stayed there a couple of months ago and did not want to leave, you feel like you are in your own oasis. Spence is a great host and will take good care of all your request.

You might also consider renting a street legal golf cart from Beach Bums on Pine Ave. We did this for the first time on our last visit and we loved it. You can go anywhere on the island and what a great way to see all that AMI has to offer. The weather in November is beautiful, warm days and cooler nights, my favorite time of the year. Have fun!

Sandy, Utah
Level Contributor
164 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for quite/romantic lodging option

Thank you for your suggestions. Mainsail is a bit bigger than we need. Harrington and Sunrise both look like interesting properties that are booking up quickly! Thanks for the additional tip on the golf cart.

If there are any other suggestions be sure to let me know!

4. Re: looking for quite/romantic lodging option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2013