We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stand Up Paddle

Dayton, Ohio
12 posts
Save Topic
Stand Up Paddle

On my trip this year I'd love to try Stand Up Paddle (SUP) boarding. I thought that an outfit called Native Rentals (or something similar) did this, but I can't seem to find an active website anymore. Is there anywhere else nearby where one can get instruction as well as the equipment?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stand Up Paddle

I'm not sure but if you were to call Dwayne at FunandMore Rentals, he may have them or at least put you in the right direction.

Ottawa, Ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stand Up Paddle

Beachbums rentals shows them on their website.I plan on renting one when we go down in early May,looks like fun.

Ottawa, Ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stand Up Paddle

B.T.W. flying out of Dayton on May 5th,going to Tradewinds Resort for the 3rd time.When and where are you going?Tell Beachbums who sent you,maybe i'll get a discount!! kidding.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stand Up Paddle

Hi,

Yes we have paddle boards and have been renting them for years. We deliver to the beach or to your vacation rental. Here is a link www.funandmorerentals.com/pages/products/…

Have FUN

Dayton, Ohio
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stand Up Paddle

Thanks, everyone! FunandMore, I will definitely be renting in the future, but I'd love to have an instructor my first go-round. It looks easy enough to do and I'd just like some smart tips, where to go, etc. I will be in touch though for a few bike rentals! Steve, I have a great friend from Ottawa, OH! I'll be flying 5/5 also, but out of Columbus. If you see three 30-something gals trying to SUP, it might be us! We'll be in a condo in Holmes Beach for the week. P.S. I think I'm going to contact "Sarasota Paddleboard" and try try it my first time in a class/group setting.

Edited: 8:56 pm, March 22, 2012
essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stand Up Paddle

Hey Duayne,

will need a separate bed for a 8yo in July :-)

The SUP are fun BUT it looks easier from the beach!!! We fell a LOT :-)

Ottawa, Ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stand Up Paddle

Marge,small world indeed.On the night of the 5th we will probably be at the Tiki Hut at the Gulf Dr.Cafe taking in some boat drinks and live music. Head on down the beach and i will buy you gals a cocktail.Look for the big bald guy with a Hawaiian

shirt.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stand Up Paddle

Hi Marge,

We have people that can show you how to do it. Instruction on the equipment, paddle techniques, safety on the board and on the water. It is very easy if the water is flat. First thing in the morning the tends to be less wind so that is the time I suggest. If we have calm day with no wind you will be paddling in 5 minutes......its that easy :)

Have Fun talk to you soon

9. Re: Stand Up Paddle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 am, June 20, 2013