We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free eating

Beverly...
Level Contributor
69 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free eating

Ok, third post today, hope I'm not making a pest of myself! We must eat gluten free. Big reason we rent houses rather than hotel rooms, need the kitchen. Any of you celiacs/DH/gluten intolerants have some great or horrible restaraunt experiences on the island? Any suggestions for a good GF restaraunt meal? Any gluten free menu's at the rest. you have tried? We can usually eat anywhere, but a bunless burger and salad gets boring. DH would like to eat the fries at a rest. but they must be cooked in a separate fryer. We have lots of GF places up here in MA. Thanks for any helpful hints. We did fine last year but only ate at Sandbar and Sign of the Mermaid.

Peace,

Debbie

Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free eating

Hi!

There is a health food store on AMI in the Walgreens shopping Center. It is called Vitamin Sea. I bet they will be able to advise you on some Gluten Free eateries!

Regards,

Beach Bums AMI

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free eating

Also, if you google Gluten free manatee county,k there is a local support group that can give you some info, and a few restaurants that are fine.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free eating

Vertori's Pizza in Bradenton gets some pretty good comments. On Longboat Key, Harry's is one of the finest restaurants on the island and they offer gluten-free meals. Lazy Lobster on Longboat also offers gluten-free suggestions.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
69 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free eating

I did find the GF support group for Manatee, thanks. My DH would go nuts if he could really get GF pizza!! Ooooeeee. I made a reservation for Harry's on Longboat. Planning is such fun!

Thanks so much all.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free eating

I think you'll love Harry's; it's our favorite restaurant. During summer months they have a $25 4-course prix fixe menu that's superb, but I'm not sure whether or how the gluten-free meal is worked into that. But not only is their food superb, they are extremely customer-focussed and service-oriented so I'm sure you'll be happy. Please be sure to post a review after you've been there.

6. Re: Gluten Free eating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island