We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent trip to Xilitla & Las Pozas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Xilitla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Recent trip to Xilitla & Las Pozas

Hi folks,

We made the trek from Mexico City to Xilitla last month to visit Las Pozas. If you're interested in some commentary, feel free to check out my blog post here midwesternerinmexico.com/2010/… which also has some links to other resources (i.e. hotels, other sites w/history re. Edward James & his crazy garden, etc.)

Although it is in the middle of nowhere, I believe Las Pozas is worth the trip! Hope it gets added to your travel itineraries. :)

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent trip to Xilitla & Las Pozas

I can't access the link! Glad you enjoyed - I was there in August but wasn't that impressed but maybe I'm old and grouchy.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent trip to Xilitla & Las Pozas

Ah I think I got a rogue comma in there. Another attempt: midwesternerinmexico.com/2010/03/08/las-poza…

To be fair, we may have been overexcited by the amount of greenery & just being outdoors breathing fresh, clean air (since we live in Mexico City). And we lucked out with a gorgeous sunny day. But yeah, overall we thought it was worth the trek, including the drive through the Sierra Gorda in QRO state-- amazing scenery in the mountains & a surprisingly well-kept winding road!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent trip to Xilitla & Las Pozas

That link works now - thanks, a very nice and detailed report. There are some decent waterfalls down tracks near Piñal about half-way between Querétaro and Xilitla if ever you feel the urge to go again :)) I think Xilitla would have been more impressive in the rainy season as the pools were very shallow back in August (as it was very dry rainy season) and not swimmable. A decent snack place inside Las Pozos would have helped too! My 6 year-old loved clambering everywhere though but it was quite exhausting for an old timer like me!

4. Re: Recent trip to Xilitla & Las Pozas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:35 am, September 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Xilitla