We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

My family of 4 will be vacationing in Luquillo in June and in the market for a 10 day condo rental. We would like to be on the beach and stay in a very nice condo. I can check VRBO but not sure what buildings to look at. Any help with condo advice would be appreciated. Thx

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

Look at the Rio Mar complex, and in particular the Ocean 16 buildings. They are right on the beach and are very nice. Technically the Rio Mar is is located in Rio Grande, not Luquillo but they are right next to each other.

Mentioned in this post
Rio Grande
Rio Grande
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

I agree. The Rio Mar Resort is only 5 minute drive from Luquillo and has beachfront villas that are very nice. You could also potentially walk from the Rio Mar beach to Luquillo beach if the river that separates these beaches is shallow. Search in VRBO under the town of Rio Grande.

Mentioned in this post
Rio Grande
Rio Grande
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

If you are not interested in staying at an hotel area condo, you may also check Intercontinental Villas or Casa del Mar Condo in Rio Grande. Both condos are right on the beach, 5-7 years old walk up condos, have pools, free parking and private guards.

Mentioned in this post
Rio Grande
Rio Grande
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

Appreciate the help. I found the Rio Mar on VRBO but could not locate the Case Del Mar or Intercontinental Villas. I'm not sure what the issue is.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

Jim K,

Check the following ones. Others can be found, with just a little patience... add rio grande and pr to your search and they will come up.

http:/ www.homeaway.com

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p937075

vacationrentals411.com/city/rio_grande_puert…

cyberrentals.com/rio-grande/…find.squery

or http://www.vrbo.com/58824

Good luck!

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

OK thanks. Have airline tickets and very close to booking at Rio Mar. Seems pricey for what you get.

Does anyone have any last minute suggestions for Nice Condos on the beach in PR?

We are flying into San Juan and have a week. Does not need to necessarily be in the Luquillo area.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

We booked Playa azul. But we have never been before. We liked it cause you can walked to kiosks

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

It is a long walk. Also be extremely careful as most of the the PR-193 road you will use does not have a sidewalk, so you will be walking on the road. I would also not walk at night.

Edited: 8:08 pm, May 03, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Nicest Condos in luquillo

We have car for dinners in luquillo

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
117 reviews