We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan to Ceiba Airport

Which Ceiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
San Juan to Ceiba Airport

We are flying into San Juan and staying a few days there. Then planning to fly out of Ceiba airport to go to Vieques. What is the best/least expensive way to get there? There are 5 adults in our group.

pa
Level Contributor
825 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan to Ceiba Airport

I suggest renting a car and just leaving it parked at the airport ! You have the freedom to arrive and depart whenever you want and if time allows a stop at El Yungue and the price wasn't really anymore than paying a taxi though I suppose it depends how long you stay at Vieques. Just price it out!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan to Ceiba Airport

How many days are you staying in Vieques? A taxi from the international airport to Ceiba is $80.00 + $1.00 per bag for up to 5 people. So the round trip would be over $160.00. Therefore, it may pay to rent a car and park it there for a couple of days so you can get back (I'm assuming to the international airport) without any hassles.

The other alternative is to consider leaving from Isla Grande Airport (which is cheaper than the international airport) and skip the taxi ride or a car rental to Ceiba.

Edited: 8:46 pm, January 14, 2013
3. Re: San Juan to Ceiba Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 18, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ceiba