We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

Which Treasure Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

I want to give a heads up for those visiting Jamaica that the best way to go around the Island is by hiring a driver/guide to show you the best places and wait on you without the taximeter rolling.....

It becomes much more convenient and affordable to strike a deal with a trusted driver/guide to take you around and show you the island how the locals experience it.

I had the greatest luck to bump into Andy while in Jamaica and he made the entire difference in our trip! Look for Andy when around treasure beach. I think his email is andytours (at) yahoo.com. Completely worth it.

Oxford, U.K.
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

Thanks Fabiana, visiting JA in March and looking for someone to pick us up from Mobay...have you any idea how much he might charge to take us from there to Treasure Beach?...hear it's a really sh**t journery :( especially in the dark!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

Hi - I'm online this early (6am in Canada). Prompt response :-)

I know what you mean.... The roads in Jamaica are unlit, almost not really paved and people drive like madmen! But he's experienced - you'll be more than fine.

I was with him for a longer stretch of time and paid for the hole thing, so am not sure how much exactly it would cost you. I should be between $150-$200 depending on the amount of people and luggage I suppose. He basically charges the same thing as other drives but you also get a guide too and a guy who is actually worldly and fun to be around.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

Fabiana, when you say he is from here. Is he from Montreal or Jamaica? Also, where did you stay in Jamaica. I'm heading down on Wednesday. I think I was going to go with jamaicantourguide for a private tour.

Malvern, Jamaica
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

max factor

check your pm

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

Hi, he is from Jamaica. Here's his coordinates:

Andy Nembhard

Email andytours@yahoo.com

Phone 876-438-1311

http://on.fb.me/xZwX8n

Edited: 5:38 pm, January 08, 2012
Canada
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

MaxFactor,

You are right, Mobay to TB is not much fun at night, but during the day it is an amazing scenic drive. The only problem I found is that there are too many great places stop along the way!

7. Re: One of the best guide/drivers in Jamaica is from here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, January 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Beach