We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must sees in DR!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Must sees in DR!

I'll be arriving in Santo Domingo and from there going up north to Puerto Plata then to La Samana. Was just wondering if it will be worth stopping in Santiago on my way to Puerto Plata or should I just spend more time around the north coast. I'm not big into cities figure that SD will be enough for me, but I want to make sure!

Also if anybody can recommend any other destinations in DR it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,296 posts
351 reviews
1. Re: Must sees in DR!

If spending time in Santo Domingo then I would skip Santiago and head to the north coast.

BObK

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,456 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Must sees in DR!

Probably best to miss out Santiago if you have spent time in SD. Another alternative is Constanza - 2000m up in the moutains off the main SD - Santiago road near Bonao. The valley is famous for vegetable production and is surrounded by pine forests and mountains - some stunning scenery.

Level Contributor
52 posts
115 reviews
3. Re: Must sees in DR!

I agree. Not too much to see in Santiago. If interested in going to Constanza you might consider Jarabacoa, which is also a mountain community. This would be a good stop if you're into water rafting or eco-tourism.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
85 posts
4. Re: Must sees in DR!

There is not too much to see in Santiago. But, if you do stop there, you've got to see the monument. Many people love Camp David because of the amazing view of the city.

5. Re: Must sees in DR!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, January 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de los...