We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Santiago to La Vega

Which Santiago de los Caballeros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Santiago to La Vega

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to La Vega in August for myself and my 7 year old daughter. We are flying into Santiago and our flight will be arriving around 1am. What is the safest and most cost effective way for us to get to La Vega from the Santiago Airport?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,672 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Santiago to La Vega

At 1 a.m. there is only one way, Taxi and they are just outside customs with a large sign with rates. Rates are per taxi and make sure you agree when you enter on the correct rate. La Vega is about a 15 minute ride tops and the cab is safe.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Santiago to La Vega

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea of what the rates may be like for that trip? I thought it was more like a 30 minute ride. 15 minutes isn't bad at all. I'm imagining that I won't have to sell a kidney to afford that cab ride.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,672 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Santiago to La Vega

The airport is actually a little closer to La Vega than to Santiago. I think the fare is maybe $45 USD. There is a large sign as you exit customs with all the rates.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Santiago to La Vega

You definitely want to take a private transfer at 1am. If you are going strait to La Vega, take private transportation. But, if you are going to stay for a while in Santiago, you can always catch a guagua (bus) for about $5 per person.

5. Re: How to get from Santiago to La Vega

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, June 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de los...