We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips from a Recent Trip

Which Stanhope hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Topic
Tips from a Recent Trip

Hi, My husband and I just returned from a one week stay in PEI.

We stayed in South Pinette at the Victorian Dejavu cottage which was around $1000 for a week. It was clean and well equipped but unfortunately the beds were a little saggy and because there was a lot of brush the mosquitoes were really bad. I would highly recommend Crabby's seafood by the ferry doc to Nova Scotia. Best Lobster ever. I loved Brackley beach and wished that we had stayed closer to the North side of the Island. I was very surprised by the quality of craftsmanship of many of the artisans there. Pottery, knitting and soap were great purchases (stanley pottery and great CDN soap company). People were great and we will be back but will stay closer to Stanhope or Cavendish next time.

Edited: 4:28 pm, June 27, 2012
3 replies to this topic
Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips from a Recent Trip

Welcome to the PEI forum Angie and thank you for posting your experiences in PEI. I tend to recommend the North shore of the Island for exactly the reasons you mentioned, especially for first time visitors. Better beaches in my opinion and lots more to see and do. Glad to hear that you time in PEI was positive and you would return. All the best.

Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips from a Recent Trip

My husband and I will be holidaying in PEI this summer. As I am an absolute and total magnet for mosquitoes I got a fright when I saw the posting from Angie. Do you know which part of the Island would be less prone to mosquitoes?? Also we hope to rent a cottage on a beach...would you know a good website for this? Many thanks for any info.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,741 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips from a Recent Trip

Jane123 - rather than hitching on to a post that's almost a year old, you should really start your own post in the PEI forum. That way you're likely to get detailed, up-to-date information.

Edited: 11:41 am, February 24, 2013
Reply to: Tips from a Recent Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stanhope