We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Hi,

I am looking to book a cottage from Above Beach Cottages - Anson Cottage looks lovely. Has anyone stayed here or know of it? There will be 6 adults, a dog and 2 cars.

Having never stayed in this part of Cornwall before, we don't really know what it will be like, but are looking forward to going!

Any feedback appreciated!

18 replies to this topic
Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Porthleven is a lovely part of Cornwall, it is a small harbour village with a few nice pubs, restaurants (nice Pasty shop too!) and nice beaches and coastline for walks :-)

The Lizard (most southerly point) and NT Kynance Cove are nearby and definately worth visiting. Marazion (St.Michael's Mount) not too far in the other direction. Can't help with accommodation but sure someone else on here can help.....

Caz

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Thank you Caz!!

3. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, March 01, 2012

Ashby de la Zouch...
Level Contributor
223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Stayed in Anson cottage last year for 2 weeks in September.

There should have been 4 of us and a dog but ended up just the two of us in the end.

Its a lovely house with amazing views of the sea and just 5 mins walk from it.

I hope you have booked it .

D T
Somerset
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Would not recommend Above Beach Cottages. Recently paid £750 to stay in one of their properties which was described as 'completly renovated to provide first class accommodation', but unfortunately the property was very damp and the tiny bathroom with mildew.

Edited: 3:57 pm, October 10, 2012
Porthleven, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Dear Mrs Taunton

As I said in our private conversation it really upsets me when things are not right and so I'm even more upset to see this posting. We welcome thousands of people on holiday and it is inevitable that things will sometimes not be right so unlike a large national agency we invest in a local team so everybody is contacted during their stay, there is a local supervisor, a cleaning supervisor and our phone diverts to me personally outside working hours to give 24 hour coverage. What I try and do when there is a problem is act immediately to resolve it or move the customer to the best property that we have available to turn a disappointment into a great experience.

I really wish that I had had the opportunity to do this for you but as you chose not to contact us until the end of your holiday there was no way for me to put things right.

I am sure that all agencies want there customers to have a good time so I would urge anyone facing a problem on holiday to contact their supplier straight away and give them the opportunity to demonstrate great customer service

simon

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

We have rented 2 different cottages with Above Beach Cottages for around 6 different holidays. We have always found the cottages to be clean and comfortable with accurate descriptions on their website. Anson cottage is a little further up from where we stay which is Mott house near to the slipway. Unfortuantely, this cottage does not allow pets so you would be unable to stay there. Where Anson cottage is located looks to be about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the harbour but I maybe wrong. Porthleven is a lovely place to stay as it has everything you need without having to drive if you don't want to. There is a pretty harbour, several pubs, some lovely restaurants, a small supermarket with a great deli, pasty shop and bakery, cafe's, bookshops and craft/jewellery workshops. A really lovely place with some great walks and sea views. Naughty but Ice is always a big hit with the children as they have around 18 different flavours of ice cream and lovely cakes! Can definately recommend this as a holiday destination and we are going back there again this Christmas.

Bristol
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

I can only reiterate what Above Beach noted earlier. If you arrive at your rental and are in anyway dissatisfied, please do contact either the housekeeper (who's name is always in an info book) or the company themselves. Things occasionally go wrong in one's own home, so too, we must sometimes observe the unexpected happen in a holiday home, but unlike at your own home, you don't have to put up with it, something will always be done about it immediately. (I broke a soap dish, reported it immediately and it was sorted quickly [sorry btw, you know which property you are!])It is also worth noting, that in Porthleven, you are invariably staying in an old traditional property by the sea, therefore it will occasionally smell of the ocean even when inside. Cornwall assails all the senses, its what makes it special!

Mawgan...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

hi,I couldn't agree more with Simon ,TA will not make your holiday better ,if you have a problem with where you are staying take it up with the managment immediately most will be more than willing to sort things out as it is in their intrests for happy guests who hopefully return .

uk
Level Contributor
271 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven

Which cottage was looking at a couple in mousehole!

Reply to: Above Beach Cottages in Porthleven
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porthleven