We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastal Sea Path - Penzance or Falmouth?

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Coastal Sea Path - Penzance or Falmouth?

I'm planning a 7-10 day hike along the Southwest section of the Coastal Sea Path in September this year. But I'm unable to decide between the following two options; 1) Penzance to Falmouth, which includes stops in Porthleven, Lizard, Coverack and Helford, or 2) Falmouth to Plymouth, which includes stops at Mevagissey, Portloe, Portscatho, Polperro and Fowey. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't mind the steep climbs and ascents and did hike the path a few years ago near Boscastle and Padstow. I'm also hoping to use Contours Walking Holidays, for accommodations, luggage transfer, etc. and was wondering if anyone has used this company before?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coastal Sea Path - Penzance or Falmouth?

We just returned from our walking trip from Marazion (just east of Penzance) to Coverack. It was a great trip and I highly recommend Encounter Walking Tours if you are looking for help in planning a walk in Cornwall/Devon. There were 6 of us in our group - all from different parts of the US. If you live in the UK or are familiar with the region, you could probably put together a similar trip on your own, but we needed to work with a professional org to help us plan the trip. The walk was non-guided so we walked where and when we liked. Our bags were transported for us. They made reservations for us in great inns (Godolphin Arms in Marazion, Harbor Inn in Porthleven, the Old Inn in Mullion, Cadgwith Cove Inn in Cadgwith Cove, and the Paris Hotel in Coverack). They were all small inns, in good condition with ensuite rooms, and great pub/restaurants on site. Not too mention, good beer!

The thing I liked about Encounter Walking was we did not pay until our reservations were confirmed at the inns we selected. I know this can be an issue with some of the other, larger booking organizations. We did make the reservations early.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
948 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Coastal Sea Path - Penzance or Falmouth?

Glad you had a good time - thanks for reporting back.

13. Re: Coastal Sea Path - Penzance or Falmouth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Porthleven