We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight and hotel expensive

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hillerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Topic
flight and hotel expensive

Knowing a lot of people book flight and hotel seperately. But from what I can find this is way more expensive that booking both flight and hotel together through and agency.

Is this right?

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight and hotel expensive

I find it cheaper to book flights then we book private apartment have a look on www.ownersdirect.com for apartments i find it works out cheaper than a package.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight and hotel expensive

Shop around and see how prices compare: lowcostholidays, hotelscombined, booking.com and the like.

There are cheaper companies like icelolly and the like.

There are many cheap airlines (if booked early) but be aware that booking a package, you get a shuttle and a holiday rep thrown in.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight and hotel expensive

It can vary from country to country and hotel to hotel. Our holidays to lopesan hotels in meloneras were cheaper booked separately but to the hotel volcan in playa blanca lanzarote, a package was cheaper. It can also depend on the variety of airlines operating from your departure airport , and whether you are intending to hire a car, as hire cars are sometimes practically the same price as a resort transfer. My aunt visits the Greek island of Rhodes each year and she always books a package as the cost of transfers would make an independent booking more expensive.

Personally once we have decided where to go we price up both packages and the cost of booking separately. If you are willing to fend for yourself in the unlikely event of cancelled flights etc, there can be substantial savings to be made by booking independently sometimes .

4. Re: flight and hotel expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 am, November 26, 2014
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight and hotel expensive

As pre posts say it varies. Obviously booking flights a long way ahead can matter but you can do the same with a package. One factor can be the cost of the transfer, a long way from the airport can be a big cost.

I once costed out with a package tour company that by just booking the hotel I wanted, then booking a package close by in a flea pit s/c it worked out cheaper than booking the hotel as a package. All I had to do was take a taxi one mile and I would have the holiday I wanted.

6. Re: flight and hotel expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico