We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Vistamar for elderly guests

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Vistamar for elderly guests

My husband and I are staying at the Vistamar in January and I am considering asking my elderly parents if they want to join us. They are both in their 80s and my Dad's eyesight is pretty poor. Can anyone tell me whether there are lots of steps in the hotel and whether the restaurant is light and airy please?

thanks

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Vistamar for elderly guests

There are several sets of lifts to all levels including the pool, the restaurant is bright and airy but also very big but you do have the option of dining in the Mirador restaurant which is up on the pool level which is generally much quieter. Sometimes at peak period times you have to wait a while for the lift but what's the rush when you're on holiday. If you can request a room on level 5 somewhere after about room 530 it will give you panoramic views of Amadores beach below, all rooms give you views of the ocean down below. The hotel sits in it's own private and very secure site, downside is it's at the bottom of a very steep hill. Reception will order you an inexpensive taxi to get out and about and there are also free buses down to the beach and Puerto Rico below.Here's a video showing the place and surrounding areas, also check out the other links in the right hand column:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flKW1_ohidA

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Vistamar for elderly guests

Thank you so much for your reply - think we will ask them if they want to join us - the video looks lovely, can't wait to go now!

wales
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Vistamar for elderly guests

there are steps to the resturant & up to the pool but as mentioned there are lifts available. i stay at this hotel twice a year summer & always for new year. its amazing....

4. Re: Riu Vistamar for elderly guests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico