We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Altamadores - taxi fares?

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincoln, england
Level Contributor
911 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Altamadores - taxi fares?

Flights are booked for 9 October for a week :)

Looking for all inclusive accommodation and being drawn to Altamadores due to price and good reviews. It looks a bit out of the way so how much for a taxi to the main bars etc in Puerto Rico? Last time I stayed in Puerto Rico was 2000 so expect it has changed a lot since then!

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

It actually has'nt changed that much, a new complex here and there also a few name changes, and a few newer places down below behind Amadores beach. Taxi fares remain very cheap compared to rip-off Britain. Expect to pay 3-4 euros down to the main commercial centre, you can walk across to the Europa centre also down to Amadores, but it's definately a taxi back up for around 3 euros fare.

lincoln, england
Level Contributor
911 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

Brilliant, I think my mind is made up now. Many thanks x

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

I don't think we paid any more than 5 euro for a taxi while we were staying here in June

lincoln, england
Level Contributor
911 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

Excellent, thank you

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

Yes not a lot has changed in Puerto Rico as Tony says.There has beeen a lot of bars that have either changed names or some have stopped trading.As for a taxi it costs us approx. 3.5 euros from the main commercial centre to Bahia Blanca so I would guess you are looking at paying anything from 5 to 6 euros.These prices are comparable to the taxis where I stay as the prices in Puerto Rico are in my opinion not that cheap anymore for a taxi.

tenby west wales
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

how much is a taxi from airport to altamadores hotel return

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

Last time daughter used (about a year ago) off the airport rank to Puerto Rico it was around 55-60 euros one way maybe a couple of euros more round to Altamadores, it would probably be slightly cheaper prebooking a transfer

8. Re: Altamadores - taxi fares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, March 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico