We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Hi guys me and a group of 3 friends (All students) are going to Puerto Rico in september, we originally wanted to go all inclusive but have ended up going self catering. Can anyone recommend any relatively cheap places to eat and drink that don't compromise to much on quality?

Also how much do you think is the right amount of spending money to take?

thank you :)

, Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Ah its fairly cheap t eat n drink in pr.... drink wisemost places hav happy hour amd m and ms r dirt cheap xtreeeeeemz do 95c pints till 6 pm so u will find u wnt spend too much... pr is great im goin bck first two weeks of sept for d second time and i do be on a budget ao u will b grand!!!

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,102 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

"Sabbidan's" on the front of the main commercial centre is very cheap with a full take away service too. Ask for "menu del dia" and look around for bars/restaurants displaying this, "meal of the day" usually consists of a starter & main course or main course & sweet with a drink from about 7 euros. There are cheap n cheerful eat all you can Chinese buffets, burger bars, and generally other take away foods available all over, you'll soon find your favourite. Cans of lager,wines,local spirits from supermarkets are cheap as chips and most S/C acommodations have fridges, you'll be fine on a tight budget !!!!

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

thanks guys really helpful can't wait to go now!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
671 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Here's one I posted last year. Prices are still much the same.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g635887-i11076-k…

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Were abouts are you stayin in PR as there is 2 centres? Xtreeemz in the Europa centre is really cheap for drinks, you can eat out for cheap at loads of places in europa as well, there the barbarcoa they do pub food for good prices, also el toro restraunt is really reasonable for food as well.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

San Miguels in the Commercial shopping Centre ,with Macdonalds at your back its about three quarters on the way in on your left .Good Food ,prices to suit every budget .The Chinese buffets as said are good but be aware drinks prices (and you do have to buy a drink ) are higher than most places .......

leeds
Level Contributor
49 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

go into the bars at the back of the commercial centre on the top floor, drinks are cheap there

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

If you are into chinese, there is a massive buffet resturant upstairs near the back (left hand side) doing brilliant buffet! enjoy!

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Having just got back yesterday I can update you on some prices. If you want cheap drinks then second floor in the CC you will find M&M's bar. 1 Euro a pint and free crisps on every table to munch on, fancy bottles like Corona, Heineken and Desperados 1.50. Lcal spirit and mixer 1.50. Imported 2 Euro. If you are near the Europa be careful as a pint can cost 3 Euro's but xtreeemz bar does 95 cents a pint daytime and two for 3.50 nighttime.All you can eat Chinese around 8 Euro. Lots of breakfast places doing Full English/ Irish breakfast for between 4-5 Euro's. Other meals around the 6 for basic grub and up to 12 for a good steak dinner. If it all goes pear shaped then there is Subway and Maccy D's at the same prices as home. Hope this helps.

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating and Drinking in Puerto Rico (GC) on a budget.

Having read the above posts I would like to add Harbour Lights to the list down at the harbour area.Good pub grub and decent priced drinks with offers all day.I have found the prices in a lot of bars in the past few years have increased but as the posters have said you have places like MM`s,Xtreeemze etc.Personally I don`t know what people see in San Miguels as IMO it is very overated and not that cheaper except for their daily specials.There are a couple of places just as you walk up the ramps at the start of the commercial centre which offer very cheap meals such as 1/2 chicken and chips etc but I can`t comment on the quality as I have never eaten there.The Chinese buffet place used to be under 5 euros as well and this was only a couple of years ago but the prices have increased greatly.