We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

Which Rota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

Hi,

My family and I are flying to Rota this summer and we're wondering if it's possible to find transportation from Rota to Algeciras. It'd be for 2 adults and 3 kids (5 & 7 years old) and 5 to 6 suitcases. We prefer to have a rented van or mini bus that would fit us and be ready to pick us up and drop us off in Algeciras. I'm of course willing to pay and reimburse for any overtime if the dates happen to be on a weekend or a national holiday.

Thanks.

AJ

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

Am wondering if you can obtain help from the base community or did you try that already ?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

Re: Cadiz_lover,

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to go about that. I don't think the MWR can help, and the car rental agency on base does not offer vehicle big enough for my needs or 1 way rentals. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

AJ

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

I would certainly see if they can give you any leads for local vehicles. Rota is a small town and contacting MWR seems first step. Email info (at) rotamwr.com and if that draws a blank then let me know.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

Of course you could use public bus service. The bus station at Rota is less than 10 minutes walk of base entrance. A daily bus leaves at 09.00 and visits some interesting stops on the way and gets to Algeciras at 12.30. The bus company is Transportes Generales Comes who are based in Cadiz itself and offer many routes throughout Cadiz Province and further afield. The bus would have large storage bins underneath the seating. Not sure what the fare will be but estimate €15 per head.

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_21.htm

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Rota to Algeciras

Re; Cadiz_lover:

Many thanks. I've contacted the base MWR but haven't received any replies. Do you happen to know if I can hire a driver through a travel agency or a cab company?

Thanks again,

AJ

Reply to: Transportation from Rota to Algeciras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rota