We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extent of ZTL zone.

Level Contributor
178 posts
47 reviews
17 helpful votes
Extent of ZTL zone.

Hope someone can clarify. I came across a map highlighting the ZTL zone for Polignano a mare that seemed to show the zone was restricted to the Grotta Palazzese area. From a different map it looked as though the 'old town' area extended considerably past this area. I thought ZTL's usually covered the old town area. Have I got it wrong? We are heading up from Monopoli and I am trying to find a safe convenient public parking area. We are not confident drivers 'on our wrong side of the road' so don't want to get caught up driving all over the place searching for a spot. Traveling early May.

2 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
117 reviews
70 helpful votes
1. Re: Extent of ZTL zone.

I have stayed in Polignano al Mare twice and the ZTL area only covers the old town which is in fact traffic free and clearly signed. There is plenty of on street parking near the centre. If you are coming from Monopoli leave at the first exit and as you enter the town there is a turning on the right marked with a parking sign. This leads to a large free parking area which also gives a lovely walk into the town.

Level Contributor
178 posts
47 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Extent of ZTL zone.

Thankyou. That's very helpful.

Reply to: Extent of ZTL zone.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Polignano a Mare