We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel close to town centre

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
Nice hotel close to town centre

We are looking for a nice hotel close ( within walking distance ) to the centre. We will be driving to the hotel, so parking is a must. We want something a little more upmarket than a Bed and Breakfast. We will be there in May 2019.

Any suggestions will be welcome

3 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Nice hotel close to town centre

I always use booking.com, you can search by location and parking availability.

Westfield...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1,256 reviews
615 helpful votes
2. Re: Nice hotel close to town centre

We are in Nice at least 4 times a year. For well over a decade our hotel of choice has been Le Grimaldi. We usually stay there at the beginning and end of lengthy trips to Italy, so we usually don't have a car. There are private and public garages within a block or two. Our hotel is on the same street as Mercure Grimaldi, so don't confuse them. A very big advantage of the hotel is there are half a dozen excellent restaurants on the street and across Victor Huge on Alphonse Karr. The hotel used to be owned by a charming Swiss couple. They sold out, and it is now run by a group, "Happy Culture" that runs about 40-50 hotels through France, some as Best Westerns, and perhaps other brands. While some of the changes are not to my liking, they have always had an excellent local staff. The breakfasts are very good; the rooms are pleasant and the lobby congenial.There are two buildings (on Grimaldi and Maccarani) with a partially covered walkway between the two buildings. There are elevators in both buildings, a tad small, but will do the trick. The hotel is exceptionally quiet, and it is an enjoyable walk to the old town, the seafront and in a fashionable shopping district.

UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Nice hotel close to town centre

Thank you for your reply. However I posted the question on The Polignano a Mare forum in our search for a hotel in Puglia. I used the adjective 'nice' in a pleasant sense. Still it is interesting to hear about your stays in the beautiful South of France city of Nice.

Reply to: Nice hotel close to town centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Polignano a Mare