We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on getting married in Greece??

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Topic
Advice on getting married in Greece??

I`m hoping to get married in Greece in June 2012.Just engaged and dont know where to start. I`d like to marry on a sandy beach with a huge party afterwards(nothing too formal) but i`d like to be near a lively town also to accomadate my guests for the remainder of the hol.Has anyone got any good advice??

7 replies to this topic
zakynthos
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

Hello! First of all i wish you all the best on your marriage. Zakynthos is a great place to get married and you can find lots of places and beaches that can suit your needs. I can give you a contact number of a person who can help on that and give you advice in regards to your event, paperwork and so on. Her name is Frangeska and she is has much experience on helping people form abroad interested on such events. Her telephone number is 6977225581. Hope you can find all the answers you need :-)

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

On this website there is a wedding planner under zante info.

http://www.zante-tourist-information.com/

The only venue i know of that has a wedding service and a private beach for a party is this hotel.

http://www.alexandrabeachotel.com/

Its pretty strict over here when it comes to beach parties as they have to be licenced.

Depending on how many guest you'll have with you most venues will accomodate you but still be open to the public.

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

thanks a million the website was really helpful. I meant a party in a taverna beside the beach not actually on it :) thanks again. Do you recommend any good hotels in Tsilivi that would cater for all my guest and would the town be suitable for all ages?

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

It will depend on peoples budget, rooms available. It really does depend on how many guests you have. Alot of weddings have had to book in to a number of various hotels as there hasn't been enough rooms available for them all to stay in one. Tsilivi is great for families, couples of all ages so it will be fine for you. When you arrive have a look around for a taverna you like the look of and they'll be more than happy to accomodate you and your party.

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

just found out that there are no direct flights from Dublin To Zante so all guest will have to book packages by the looks of things. Not sure if thats fair on them so might have to look somewhere else :(:(:(

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

As long as they all book same hotel with same company or same area it could work out cheaper, its weighing up the pro's and Cons, even flying direct and booking accomodation seperate won't mean they'll all find rooms in same hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on getting married in Greece??

hi

i got married in greece last summer.best idea ever!!!!!

what we did was fly aerlingus direct to athens and then fly the next day to the island(in the cyclades) where we got married.we booked everything separate flights or ferry to island,accommodation,reception etc so everything could do whatever pleased.it didnt work out cheap but it was fab even if i say so myself.lol

maybe look at' you and your wedding' forum and click weddings abroad and see that lots of girls there get married in crete and i guess they get a good package deal with accomodation and flights.agious nikolaos in fab in crete very pretty.santorini is also a lovely island but v expensive.as far as i know sweety there are no direct flights from dublin to any place in greece except athens and if you check web site they are around 250 to 300 return.

let me know if you need any further info prices,paperwork etc etc and best of luck.xx

Reply to: Advice on getting married in Greece??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos
More Agios Nikolaos Topics